Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving

We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving this year.  I was really looking forward to staying home and just snuggling with my boys for the whole day.  

There are so many things I am thankful for this season...

I'm thankful for this silly little turkey...
 And this turkey too...

I am thankful for a peaceful day full of crafts, Christmas music, movies and mimosas.  And a Dean & Deluca feast so I didn't have to cook :)
Lolli and Boobo stopped by to bring pumpkin pie and help with our craft.
I put together these little kits for the boys - tp roll, feathers, googly eyes, etc.
Such concentration.
Sullivan kept saying "Bobble, bobble" instead of "Gobble, gobble." :)
Sullivan digging in to the cranberry and brie appetizer.
Max busy personalizing our Christmas card envelopes with his drawings.
I'm incredibly thankful for the health of these three handsome boys....

 I'm thankful for the ability to see and talk to loved ones we couldn't be with...
FaceTime with our long distance family.
 How precious is my tiniest turkey?!
Thanks for the outfit Aunt Lisa!
 I am thankful for our cozy fire that we light every day in the cold winter months.
Roasting turkey.  He loves laying by the warm fire.
 I am thankful that the big brothers are so sweet and gentle with our new addition.

I am thankful for a hardworking, patient husband who I'm still head over heels in love with.  And the best father for my children I could ever ask for.
How cute are these tired turkeys?

Thanksgiving Part II was spent with my family on Saturday.
Fletcher ready to head over to Lolli and Boobo's house for Thankgiving #2!
 I am thankful for a creative family and the opportunity to share that creativity with my children...
Samantha supervising.
Working so hard on his Christmas tree.  These kind of crafts remind me of my childhood.
I am thankful for my Gram who is incredibly youthful and inspiring.
GG with her buddy :)
 I am thankful for cousins who are close and get to grow up together.  And even more on the way! :)
Watching movies in lieu of nap time.
Aside from missing many of the Murray family we had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  

We're now full speed ahead with our Christmas traditions.  Fletcher is going with the flow and keeping up well ;)  More on that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment