Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fletcher | 11 Months

Dear Fletcher,

We're almost to the end of your "monthly update" series.  Soon you will turn ONE.

I've been feeling nostalgic this month.  The change in the leaves will always remind me of your impending arrival and one of the happiest times in my life.  I noticed the trees on our street beginning to turn orange last week and felt a familiar flutter of anticipation as my mind wandered back in time.  I remembered how it felt to wait for you.  The little person inside of me was such a mystery.  Who would you be?  Would you be a boy or a girl?  The only thing I did not wonder about is how much I would love you.  There was never any doubt.

Now, nearly a year later, I can't imagine existing without your sweet, dimply, easy-going self.  

The first year always goes by too fast.  It starts in a haze of newborn joy and exhaustion.  Then quickly turns into a whirlwind of milestones.  As we approach your first birthday I'm retracing my steps from last year in my memory...sonograms, packing the hospital bag, putting the finishing touches on your room, talking to you in my belly when your kicks kept me up late at night.  My special moments with you began before you were even born.

This month I watched you take your first few tentative steps so proudly.  You love to dance and "shake shake" and attempt to put your own shoes on.  You're constantly trying to repeat words and keep up with your brothers.  All four of your top teeth are poking through now too.  Lots of change and progress in such a short amount of time.  Your Daddy and I count our lucky stars for each day we get to watch you grow.

Until next month, my baby...



No comments:

Post a Comment